BJA’s secondary division offers the best of college-preparatory academics with advanced opportunities in the arts, public speaking and more. Our pursuit of excellence, however, extends beyond our students’ external accomplishments to their hearts. We want our students to grow in their personal walk with God and develop Christlike character, graduating as mature young men and women prepared to serve the Lord wherever He may call them.
Dedicated to Christlike character
Our highest priority is that each student grows to imitate Jesus Christ in love, motive and action. It is the desire of our faculty to model this kind of Christlike character themselves and to find opportunities to mentor and encourage students. Our students are also challenged to take personal responsibility, to pursue their academics and extracurricular activities “with all their might” and to seek opportunities to love and serve others.
Proven Track Record
percent of BJA students enroll in a college or university
ACT average: 24.0 (5-year) Class of 2012: top 25 percent, average 27.7
place in national speech competitions
Focused on academic excellence
BJA’s secondary division offers a high-caliber academic curriculum that challenges students to develop critical thinking skills. All subjects are taught from a solidly biblical perspective by highly qualified faculty–many have more than 20 years of teaching experience and most hold master’s degrees.
Students are exposed to many subjects, including:
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- Foreign languages: Spanish, Latin, French and German (7-8); Spanish, French, German (9-12)
- Electives (9-12) including speech, music, art, accounting, computer applications, and many more
Other opportunities for students include:
- Music (orchestra, choir, band, handbell choir and private music lessons)
- Interscholastic speech competitions (speech and debate, plus mock trial)
- School plays
- Intramural sports, including basketball, volleyball and soccer (7-8)
- Interscholastic and intramural sports, including basketball, volleyball and soccer (9-12)
- Special school trips, including trips to The Wilds Christian Camp and New York City
|Monday — Friday||8:00 a.m. – 2:55 p.m.|
|Late stay available until 5:30 p.m.|
|Monday — Friday||8:00 a.m. – 3:10 p.m.|