We are delighted that you are considering applying to Bob Jones Academy. We look forward to working with you during each step of the application process. Please allow yourself 4 to 6 weeks to complete the process. Since school begins the second week of August, we suggest that you apply no later than July 15 to allow sufficient time to complete enrollment. Please contact us if you have any questions.
An abbreviated admission process will apply to the following groups: students who were previously enrolled at BJA, faculty and staff families, and families with other children currently enrolled. Please contact the admission coordinator at 864.770.1395 before beginning the application process.
1. Application Materials
Submit the following items to the school office:
- Completed Application, including
- Family Information
- Student Information for each child applying
- Secondary Student Information for each student applying in grades 7–12
- State-issued certified birth certificate (will be photocopied at the school office)
- SC Certificate of Immunization (Due to recent cases of pertussis in SC, BJA also requires the Tdap.)
- Photocopy of custody decree (if applicable)
- K4 and K5 only: $50 readiness testing fee (testing will be scheduled at a later date)
- International residence hall students (grades 9–12) only: $125 reservation fee due with application.
2. School Records
For prospective students for grades 1–12, request that your child’s previous school mail the following directly to Admission Coordinator, Bob Jones Academy, 1700 Wade Hampton Blvd., Greenville, SC 29614.
- Official transcript: the transcript should be mailed directly to BJA from your previous school. For grades 2–9, the transcript should include at least the past 2 years; for grades 10–12, the transcript should include all high school work.
- Nationally standardized achievement test scores (within the past 2 years): BJA does not administer these tests; we recommend that you contact BJU Press Testing and Evaluation at www.bjupresstesting.com or at (800) 854-5731, Option 1, if your student needs testing. State tests do not satisfy this requirement.
- Discipline records
- Homeschooling families should submit a transcript and nationally standardized achievement test scores.
Contact 2 people to provide recommendations: your pastor or someone on the pastoral staff (Church Leader Recommendation) and your child’s teacher (Teacher Recommendation). For applicants for kindergarten and below or those presently being homeschooled a General Recommendation should be completed instead of a Teacher Recommendation.
4. Family Interview
Once all items have been received, our admission coordinator will arrange a family interview at a time convenient for you. At this interview, we will have the opportunity to get to know each other, so we can mutually determine whether our school will be a good fit for your family and student. For prospective students for K4 and K5, readiness testing will also be scheduled at your convenience.
5. Admission Committee
With these steps completed, the admission committee will determine whether or not we will accept the applicant or if additional information or testing is needed. The admission coordinator will let you know the committee’s decision.
6. Reservation Fee
When enrollment is offered, a $125 nonrefundable fee will be due to secure your child’s reservation. This fee is applied to the first month’s tuition.