We are pleased to offer the opportunity for homeschool students in grades 1 through 12 to complement their education by enrolling as a part-time Christian school student here at BJA. Applicants for part-time attendance go through the regular admission process. After they are accepted as students, the appropriate office will work with the scheduling of the particular class/es that are desired. Part-time students may be enrolled in up to three classes each semester.
Part-time students may transition to full time after submitting necessary grade reports. Students must attend BJA full-time for both semesters of the senior year in order to graduate from BJA.
- High quality classes, from science and math to art, music and speech
- Extracurricular activities
- Standardized testing:
- Grades 1-10 grade (Iowa)
- School trips (separate fees may apply)
- Grades 1-6–field trips
- Grade 7-class trip to the Creation Museum
- Grade 8–class trip to Williamsburg, VA
- Grade 12–Senior trip to The WILDS
- Attendance at all registered classes
- Attendance at Friday chapels/assemblies (Grades 7-12)
- Attendance at three Bible Conference services (grades 9-12)
- Attendance at Academy graduation (grades 9-12)
- Compliance with handbook regulations and, for grades 7-12, daily announcements
Earn up to one credit in BJA’s summer school program (grades 9–12) from May 15–June 23, 2017.
- Per month (3-class limit)
- Grades 1–6 — $100 per class (10 months — $1,000/year)
- Grades 7–8 — $110 per class (10 months — $1,100/year)
- Grades 9–12 — $135 per class (10 months — $1,350/year)
- Related arts, grades 1–6 — $60 for first class (10 months — $600/year), $45 for each additional class (10 months — $450/year)
- Six-week summer session (grades 9–12) — $735 per session
- Other fees
- Registration fee—$150 per family per year
- Summer school registration fee—$50 per family
- Music lessons (available if enrolled in a music group; students may take piano lessons without being enrolled in a music group)
Part-time students are not eligible for elected or appointed positions, interscholastic sports participation, participation in WordWhiz Club, Tech Club and the elementary vocal ensemble, the middle school play and the high school’s New York mission trip.