BJA spirit wear can be purchased here. To reduce costs, spirit wear is ordered in bulk–so the store, visible anytime, opens for orders several times throughout the year. After the ordering period closes, orders are completed. Packaged by the company, the orders are actually distributed at school to save shipping costs. Specific dates for ordering are communicated through BJA’s weekly e-newsletter.
Lands’ End is the sole provider for BJA uniforms. School colors for elementary uniform items are navy, white, and light blue for shirt colors and khaki and navy for skirts, skorts, jumpers, shorts, and pants. The secondary uniform includes more color options. For a list of appropriate items by grade level, please reference the chart below. Our Lands’ End school number is 900162611.
School uniforms provide a number of benefits:
- Increased school unity and school spirit
- Reduced peer pressure
- Simplification both of the shopping process and of the “what do I wear” question
- Group identification for field trips especially at the elementary level
- In the long run, reduced clothing costs
Finding great prices for school uniforms:
- Shop Lands’ End’s terrific sales! One of the easiest ways to catch the sales is to sign up for notifications with a Lands’ End email subscription at landsend.com. Watch for sale prices on certain garments as well as promo code discounts which are received by entering the code in the promo code box at checkout. Look for opportunities for free shipping and free logos, too!
- Always get free shipping by ordering at the in-store kiosk at Sears.
- Participate in BJA’s Uniform Exchange opportunity in January and June.
- Connect with other BJA families who are selling used garments via Facebook or other means.