We’re grateful for Aramark, which provides food services for Bob Jones University and Bob Jones Academy.
Here’s how the process works.
Parents: add money to your family’s account (beginning July 1 for the coming school year)
- Check out the current rates and meal plans, then use credit or debit at bju.campusdish.com to order Academy Bucks or a meal plan. Or, when going in person or calling Aramark’s office in BJU’s Dining Common, use cash, check, credit, or debit. (803) 626-1301.
- Watch for promotional offers. Here’s a special promotion for Spring 2021.
- At the start of the semester–possibly other times as well–Aramark will extend promotional offers.
- Offers will be given in the form of Free Lunch Tickets for qualifying purchases.
- After a qualifying purchase is made, the Free Lunch Tickets are sent home with the student. Please allow one full business day.
- Free Lunch Tickets should be redeemed by the student in the cafeteria for a free meal.
- Free Lunch Tickets are similar to gift cards and are non-refundable and non-replaceable.
Aramark employees: process funds from Aramark’s system into Sycamore
- Please allow one full business day for processing. Example: for Monday’s lunch order, add funds by end of day Thursday.
- Sycamore tracks meal balances by family (not by individual student)–so the balance is available for meals for each K3–8 student in the family.
Students: eat food
- Menus will be available in Sycamore’s app (easiest) and browser (Info Center|Cafeteria).
- Teachers take lunch count in their classrooms first thing each morning. If a student will be late to school (e.g. doctor’s appointment), parents may contact the school office by 8:30 a.m. to include the student in that day’s lunch count.
- The charge for lunch is made against the balance in Sycamore when the student goes through the lunch line for hot lunch.
- The funds in the family account are able to be used only for K3–8 students and only for hot lunches in the Primary Center, Elementary Main, and Middle School. Parents may bring lunch to eat with their child; they may also use Aramark’s dining services by paying for and picking up lunch at BJU’s dining common.
Parents: watch balance
- The current balance available is in Sycamore at My Accounting|Cafeteria|Account. Charges (by the month) are also listed here.
- As an added service, for families using the hot lunch opportunity, Aramark plans to email the family their current balance on Wednesdays.
- At the end of the school year, unused balances are not reimbursed, nor will they roll forward to the next school year.
- In the rare instance when a student comes to school without a lunch and without sufficient funds for lunch, a parent will be notified to bring a meal.