We’re grateful for Aramark, which provides food services for Bob Jones University and Bob Jones Academy.
Here’s how the process works.
Parents: add money to your family’s account (beginning July 1 for the coming school year)
- Check out the current rates, then use credit or debit at bju.campusdish.com to order Academy Bucks or a meal plan. Or, when going in person or calling Aramark’s office in BJU’s Dining Common, use cash, check, credit, or debit. (864) 370-1800 ext. 5100
- Watch for special promotional rates. Here’s a promotional for second semester 19-20.
Aramark employees: process funds from Aramark’s system into Sycamore
- Please allow one full business day for processing. Example: for Monday’s lunch order, add funds by end of day Thursday.
- Sycamore tracks meal balances by family (not by individual student)–so the balance is available for meals for each K3–8 student in the family.
Students: eat food
- Menus will be available in Sycamore’s app (easiest) and browser (Info Center|Cafeteria).
- Teachers take lunch count in their classrooms first thing each morning. If a student will be late to school (e.g. doctor’s appointment), parents may contact the school office by 8:30 a.m. to include the student in that day’s lunch count.
- The charge for lunch is made against the balance in Sycamore when the student goes through the lunch line for hot lunch.
- The funds in the family account are able to be used only for K3–8 students and only for hot lunches in the Primary Center, Elementary Main, and Middle School. Parents may bring lunch to eat with their child; they may also use Aramark’s dining services by paying for and picking up lunch at BJU’s dining common.
Parents: watch balance
- The current balance available is in Sycamore at My Accounting|Cafeteria|Account. Charges (by the month) are also listed here.
- As an added service, for families using the hot lunch opportunity, Aramark plans to email the family their current balance on Wednesdays.
- At the end of the school year, unused balances are not reimbursed, nor will they roll forward to the next school year.
- In the rare instance when a student comes to school without a lunch and without sufficient funds for lunch, a parent will be notified to bring a meal.