Lands’ End is the sole provider for BJA uniforms. School colors for elementary uniform items are navy, white, and light blue for shirt colors and khaki and navy for skirts, skorts, jumpers, shorts, and pants. The secondary uniform includes more color options. For a list of appropriate items by grade level, please reference the chart below. Our Lands’ End school number is 900162611.
School uniforms provide a number of benefits:
- Increased school unity and school spirit
- Reduced peer pressure
- Simplification both of the shopping process and of the “what do I wear” question
- Group identification for field trips especially at the elementary level
- In the long run, reduced clothing costs
Finding great prices for school uniforms:
- Shop Lands’ End’s terrific sales! One of the easiest ways to catch the sales is to sign up for notifications with a Lands’ End email subscription at landsend.com. Watch for sale prices on certain garments as well as promo code discounts which are received by entering the code in the promo code box at checkout. Look for opportunities for free shipping and free logos, too!
- Participate in BJA’s Uniform Exchange opportunity in January and June.
- Connect with other BJA families who are selling used garments via Facebook or other means.
Finding the right garment and size:
- On the Lands’ End website use the correct grade level for the student you’re shopping for. Some garments are permitted for one grade level but not for another (example: the girls’ skort is for girls through grade 5 only).
- Fit Guide (general sizing information)
- Be sure to double-check the length of skirts listed as “top of the knee.” To ensure the skirt comes to the top of your daughter’s knee, check the specific hem measurement : when looking at the specific garment, click “Fit & Size” and then a PDF called “Item Dimensions.” Also helpful are the tall sizes that Lands’ End carries for some items.
- Lands’ End offers custom length for skirts at no additional cost for BJA students. If your daughter needs additional length on a skirt in order to meet BJA’s requirements, here’s how you can take advantage of this very generous offer: check the size guide to find instructions on how to measure your child for needed additional length; with measurements in hand, contact the Lands’ End Uniform Support Team at 1-800-388-3677. They will help you to place your custom order and answer any questions you might have. They are available from 8 a.m. until midnight, seven days a week. Due to the custom nature of these orders, they make take longer to process, so be sure to place orders in plenty of time!