We are delighted that you are considering applying to Bob Jones Academy, and we look forward to working with you during each step of the application process.
Please allow yourself 2-3 weeks to complete the process. Since school begins the third week of August, we recommend that you begin the application process no later than July 1 to allow sufficient time to complete it and to ensure there is a space for your child. Please contact us if you are applying during the school year or if you have any questions.
Is one of these true about your situation? Your student was previously enrolled at BJA, you or your spouse is a current BJU/BJA faculty or staff member, or you have other who are children currently enrolled at BJA. If so, please contact the admission coordinator at (864) 770-1395 before beginning the application process. We can probably use an abbreviated application process for your student.
1. Application and Interview
Please submit to BJA’s Admission office a completed application form for each student. Once we receive your application(s), we will contact you to schedule a family interview. During the interview, we will tell you about BJA, answer your questions, and give you a tour of the school.
2. Application Materials
Submit the following items to the Admission office:
- Completed application (including family information and student information for each child applying)
- Personal statements (for each student applying in grades 6–12)
- A copy of state-certified birth certificate
- SC Certificate of Immunization
- A copy of custody decree (if applicable)
3. School Records
For prospective students for grades 1–12, request that your child’s previous school send the following directly BJA.
- Official transcript: The transcript should be mailed directly to BJA from your previous school. If applying for grades 2–10, the transcript should include at least the past two years; if applying for grades 11–12, the transcript should include all high school work. If you need an official request to be sent by BJA to your previous school, please complete a records release and submit it to us.
- Nationally standardized achievement test scores (within the past two years). State tests do not satisfy this requirement. If your student needs testing, we recommend that you contact BJU Press Testing Center at (864) 770-1381; for testing outside the Greenville area, testing is available through BJU Press Testing and Evaluation, www.bjupresstesting.com or at (800) 845-5731.
- For prospective students for K4 and K5, readiness screening ($50 fee) will be scheduled at your convenience. K3 readiness is informally assessed. Kindergarten readiness guidelines.
- Homeschooling families should submit a transcript and nationally standardized achievement test scores.
Submit the items one of these ways:
- Mail to Admission Coordinator, Bob Jones Academy, 1700 Wade Hampton Blvd., Greenville, SC 29614
- Fax to (864) 271-7278
- Scan and email to email@example.com
Contact two people to provide recommendations: your pastor or someone on the pastoral staff (Church Leader Recommendation) and your child’s teacher or a school administrator (Teacher Recommendation). For applicants for kindergarten and below or those presently being homeschooled, a General Recommendation should be completed instead of a Teacher Recommendation.
5. Admission Committee
Based on the interview and application documents, the admission committee will determine if BJA can meet the educational needs of your child(ren) and will inform you of the decision.
6. Reservation Fee
After enrollment is offered, a $125 nonrefundable fee will be due to secure your child’s reservation. This fee is applied to the first month’s tuition.