We are pleased to offer the opportunity for homeschool students in grades 1 through 12 to complement their education by enrolling as a part-time Christian school student here at BJA. Applicants for part-time attendance go through the regular admission process. After they are accepted as students, the appropriate office will work with the scheduling of the particular class/es that are desired. Part-time students may be enrolled in up to three classes each semester.
Part-time students may transition to full time after submitting necessary grade reports. Students must attend BJA full-time for both semesters of the senior year in order to graduate from BJA.
- High quality classes, from science and math to art, music and speech
- Extracurricular activities
- Special school events, such as elementary field day, spirit week events, and the Junior-Senior banquet (grades 11 and 12)
- Standardized testing
- Grades 1-10 grade (Iowa)
- School trips (separate fees may apply)
- Grades 1-5 Field trips
- Grade 6 Discovery Place, Charlotte
- Grades 6-7 Excursion
- Grade 7 Creation Museum trip
- Grade 8 The Wilds
- Grade 8 Williamsburg trip
- Grade 12 Senior trip to The Wilds
- Attendance at all registered classes
- Attendance at one chapel each week (Grades 6-12)
- Attendance at three Bible Conference services (grades 9-12)
- Attendance at Academy graduation (grades 9-12)
- Compliance with handbook regulations and, for grades 6-12, daily announcements
Earn up to one credit in BJA’s summer school program (grades 9–12) from May 16–June 24, 2022.
- Per month (3-class limit)
- Grades 1–5 — $135 per class (10 months)
- Grades 6–8 — $145 per class (10 months)
- Grades 9–12
- $170 for each 1-credit per class (10 months)
- $205 for each 2-credits per year class (10 months)
- Related arts, grades 1–5 — $70 for first class (10 months), $50 for each additional class (10 months)
- Six-week summer session (grades 9–12) — $990 per session
- Other fees
- Commitment fee—$200 per student per year (cap of $400)
Part-time students are not eligible for elected, appointed, or auditioned positions or for interscholastic sports.