Thanks to all of you who prayed for and attended the Open House. We were thrilled to see you and your loved ones there–whether it was to see your child(ren) perform, to visit classes or to just stop by for fellowship. Thanks for being a part!
In spite of the threatening weather, we had 23 participants in our “Bring a Buddy” and “Bring a Friend” promotional at the elementary and middle school levels. We also had eight families who indicated that they specifically came as a result of the invitation of a current family. These and the other families who came visited our central location at the Applied Studies Building and took tours of the various classroom buildings in which they were interested.
We appreciate everyone who worked so hard to make this a truly wonderful day. Here are some of them:
- Students and their music teachers or directors presented musical selections throughout the day. From the orchestras and bell choirs to individual instrumentalists on a variety of instruments, the music was beautiful and well done. Special thanks to the elementary choirs who prepared but were unable to perform because of the early closure due to the weather.
- Piano Central provided a lovely piano. Thank you!
- Widget Works provided an E-Board, a large and highly versatile and portable computer/display unit.
- Parents, faculty and students as well as recent grads hosted at the central location and in the classroom buildings. Our parents, students and grads—unpaid ambassadors for our school—may have influenced prospective parents more than our administrators and faculty possibly could. At Kindergarten Korner, young children enjoyed coloring a Liam the Lion coloring page while their parents talked with a kindergarten teacher. Snacks were provided by BJU’s Culinary Arts students under the direction of Mr. David Miller and by BJU Dining Services. Mrs. Ruth Simons and members of the Spirit Squad arranged the cupcakes, BJA M&M’s and cookies into a lovely edible display.
- BJU’s Marketing Communications department provided attractive room elements.
There are many more who helped in numerous ways behind the scenes, and we are grateful to each one. We are also thankful to the Lord for the opportunity He has given us both to serve at BJA and to share with others what He is doing here.