We are excited to see you at this year’s Back-to-School Nights and CDC Open House on Thursday and Friday, Aug 12 and 13.
In addition to the typical meetings, we’ve added a high school pep rally held during the high school parent meeting.
Here’s the basic information.
- CDC Open House: Classroom teachers will email parents on Wednesday, Aug 11, at 2:30 p.m. to sign up for a time to meet with their child’s teacher. Times will be between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug 13.
- K3–grade 5: Classroom teachers will email parents on Tuesday, Aug 10, at 2:30 p.m. to sign up for a time to meet with their child’s teacher. Times will be between 5 and 9 p.m. on Friday, Aug 13. In addition, enjoy reconnecting with other BJA families and personnel at the outdoor information fair and fun stations.
- Grades 6–8: Begins with simultaneous meetings on Thursday, Aug 12, at 6:30 p.m. Meetings for students and their parents will be held in the Academy Auditorium (grades 6 and 7) and the Assembly Room in the Applied Studies Building (grade 8). Following the meeting, parents and students will be able to visit classrooms, meet teachers, and practice unlocking the assigned locker.
- Locker assignments will be available that evening.
- Middle school chapel schedules will be a bit different from what was announced in the spring: middle school chapel will be Monday and Friday, with the three-day electives Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Grades 9–12: Begins with a parent meeting in the Academy Auditorium on Friday, Aug 13, at 6:30 p.m. At the same time, the high school students will meet at the Academy gym for a back-to-school pep rally. Following the meeting and pep rally, parents and students will be able to fellowship and meet teachers.