Looking for summer programming for your child? Look no further—campus is a busy place during the summer, too.
Summer camp programs on the BJA/BJU campus include
- KinderKamp (rising K4 through rising 1st grade)
- EDUcamp Jr. (rising 2nd through rising 8th grade)
- EDUcamp (rising 9th through high school graduation)
EDUcamp Jr. and EDUcamp (rising 2nd grade and above)
EDUcamp Jr. launches in the summer of 2019, absorbing and replacing Day Camp.
EDUcamp Jr. is much more than a rebranding of Day Camp. Similar to the popular EDUcamp, EDUcamp Jr. abounds in experiential opportunities. EDUcamp Jr. includes an imaginative set of themed hands-on programs in which campers will explore a new adventure each week. Design and build a robot, travel back to the American Revolution, produce a play, join the band. And EDUcamp’s opportunities are continuing to expand, with programs from Aviation to Web Development and Exercise Science to Entrepreneurship and much more.
Both EDUcamp and EDUcamp Jr. provide a safe, fun, and biblical environment that help campers expand their interests, develop their skills, and nurture friendships.
In the transition from Day Camp to EDUcamp Jr., what about … ?
- Care for BJA students during the school year and over Christmas break? BJA’s late stay program during the school year is unaffected. For the week following New Year’s Day, Christmas KinderKamp is unaffected, and EDUcamp Jr. will operate for BJA students. These care programs are available exclusively for BJA students.
- Cost? Cost for the week is a little more than a week of Day Camp in the past. See below for a way to save.
- “Day Camp” term? The term “day camp” in reference to EDUcamps refers to camps that are held in the daytime (or have a daytime only option) as opposed to overnight options.
- Child care after half-day camps such as the Bruins sports camps? EDUcamp Jr. does not include hourly child care as has been available in the past.
- Weeks outside of a typical camp season? Yes, EDUcamp Jr. camps are also available in May and August. The programming for those weeks will be more focused on physical education while the June and July camps are more focused on academic/arts themes or Bruins sports. Never fear—all weeks include both academic/arts learning and physical activity.
Learn more about EDUcamp and EDUcamp Jr. and register at educamp.bju.edu. Register by April 1 to save $25 per camp. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
KinderKamp (rising K4 through rising 1st grade)
- Available weekdays from May 13 through August 5, 2019
- $50 registration fee (does not apply for current BJA students)
- $4.75 per hour
- Games (small and large group)
- Bible Time
- Weekly themes, e.g. Mystery Week, Fairy Tale Week, Pirate Week
KinderKamp serves rising K4 through rising first grade students during the summer and current K3 through K5 students during the Christmas break.
Due to reduced staffing, KinderKamp is available only to students holding enrollment in BJA during the week of August 12 through 16, and during Christmas break. All other weeks of the summer, KinderKamp is available to all summer campers.
BJA’s summer programs are closed on Memorial Day and July 4.