BJA recommends that each full-time student take the ACT before graduation. According to the ACT’s website, all 4-year colleges and universities in the United States accept the ACT. Not all colleges accept the SAT for entrance.
ACT Testing Information
- Registration and test dates – www.actstudent.org/regist/dates.html
- Test preparation (also see below) – www.actstudent.org/testprep and www.acttestquestions.com
ACT Registration Codes
Current full-time BJA students
- High School code: 410-890
- Test Center code: 184270 if you want to take the test at BJA
- College Codes: 3836 is BJU’s college code
Part-time BJA students
- Test center code: 184270 – if you want to take the test at BJA
- College code: 3836 – if you would like your scores sent to Bob Jones University
SAT Registration Information
- Test dates and to register – sat.collegeboard.org/register
- Test preparation (also see below) – sat.collegeboard.org/practice
- Registration Code for current full-time BJA students – 410-890
CLT Registration Information
- Test dates and to register – cltexam.com/products/clt
- Test preparation – cltexam.com/practice-home
- CLT scholarships – cltexam.com/scholarships
The College Level Examination Program® (CLEP) assesses college-level knowledge, and qualifying scores earn college credit. Benefits of CLEP are acceleration of degree, taking advanced courses sooner, and ability to take more electives. Read BJU’s policy on accepting CLEP credits here.
- To register – https://clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam
- Test preparation – https://clep.collegeboard.org/test-preparation
- Allow 3 to 4 weeks for receiving institution to receive score report. CLEP tests must be taken in time for the academic office and the BJU Records Office to receive the official scores by July 31.
You can find test preparation websites by searching, for example, for “ACT test prep.” We have listed a few popular test prep websites below. As with any website, parents may want to review content and pricing before giving students access to the website.
- A-List – ACT and SAT prep; includes videos, study packages, instructional videos, pacing guides, quizzes/drills, and online test assessment tools.
- College Prep Center – From the Mack Library website, click “online resources” in the top banner, then select the “A-Z Database list” link from the first text box. From the alphabetical list, select “L” and open Learning Express Library; select College Admissions Prep Center. The College Admissions Prep center has ACT and SAT practice tests and interactive tutorials. Students must create a free account as a new user in order to begin.
- Curvebreakers Online Courses – Includes test-taking strategies, You-tube style video courses, and tutorials for the ACT and SAT. Contact the Academic Office for a discount code.
- DISCUS resources – DISCUS, SC’s virtual library, includes extensive ACT prep. In the A-Z list find the LearningExpress Library, create a free account, and go to the College Center to find ACT prep resources.
- Jumpstart ACT Prep – Jumpstart’s streaming video modules review the must-know content, includes testing strategies specific to the ACT, and concludes with realistic question practice modeled from actual “retired” ACT exams.
- Kaplan – Offers practice tests, live instruction, on-demand lessons, and course materials.
- Khan Academy – Official SAT practice tests.
- Magoosh – Includes full-length practice tests with text explanations and videos.
- March 2 Success – Includes 7 full-length ACT practice tests. Personalized test results are given with a detailed explanation of the problem along with the correct answer. To access practice tests, you must register for a free account.
- PrepScholar – Guarantees a 4 point improvement; consider trying the 5 day risk-free trial.
- Testive – Includes practice assignments, feedback, and expert instruction that is personalized to each student.