Through partnerships with Greenville County Schools and Advanced Therapy Solutions Kids, BJA gives parents the opportunity to pursue speech and/or occupational therapy at school during the school day.
Speech Therapy can assist students in multiple ways including
- Speaking clearly and effectively
- Understanding and processing instructions and expressing thoughts sequentially
- Improving vocabulary to form accurate responses
- Relating well to others through appropriate eye contact and responding to nonverbal clues
- Participating in conversation
- Improved phonics
Occupational Therapy can assist students in multiple ways including
- Sensory perception
- Emotional regulation including responding to others, environmental cues, and anxiety
- Core strength and fine or gross motor coordination
- Organizational skills
- Processing and retaining information
If you would like to learn more, contact Karen McWaters or Regan Hand (Advanced Therapy Solutions Kids). Permission forms for occupational therapy evaluations are available at the elementary school office.