We are delighted that you are considering Bob Jones Academy!
Step 1: Application and Interview
Regular Application Process
Since the admission process generally takes 2 – 3 weeks and some grades fill early, we recommend applying by July 1.
- Complete and submit an application form for each student.
- Once we receive your application(s), we’ll contact you to schedule a family interview. During the interview we’ll give you a tour, answer questions, and tell you about BJA.
Adjusted Application Process
Please call the admission office (864) 770-1395 before applying if:
- you would like your student to start school mid-year.
- your child is applying for the Child Development Center (CDC).
- your child was previously enrolled at BJA.
- another child is already enrolled at BJA.
- you are employed by BJU or BJA.
Step 2: Application Materials
Submit the following items to the Admission office:
- Personal statements (for each student applying in grades 6–12)
- A copy of state-certified birth certificate
- SC Certificate of Immunization
- A copy of custody decree (if applicable)
- Mail: Admission Coordinator, Bob Jones Academy, 1700 Wade Hampton Blvd., Greenville, SC 29614
- Fax: (864) 271-7278
- Email: email@example.com
Step 3: School Records
Prospective Students: K3, K4, & K5
Readiness screening for K4 and K5 ($50 fee) will be scheduled at your convenience. K3 readiness is informally assessed. Kindergarten Readiness Guidelines
Prospective Students: Grades 1–12
Request that your child’s previous school send the following directly to BJA.
- Official transcript: The transcript should be mailed directly to BJA from your previous school. If applying for grades 2–10, the transcript should include at least the past two years; if applying for grades 10–12, the transcript should include all high school work. If you need an official request to be sent by BJA to your previous school, please complete a records release and submit it to us.
- Nationally standardized achievement test scores (within the past two years): State tests do not satisfy this requirement. If your student needs testing, we recommend that you contact BJU Press Testing Center at (833) 797-0208; for testing outside the Greenville area, testing is available through BJU Press Testing and Evaluation, www.bjupresstesting.com or at (800) 845-5731.
Prospective Students: Homeschooling Families
Submit a transcript and nationally standardized achievement test scores.
Step 4: Recommendations
We will need a completed recommendation form from
- someone on pastoral staff at your church (Church Leader Recommendation) and
- your child’s current teacher or school administrator (Teacher Recommendation).
For applicants for CDC through kindergarten or those presently being homeschooled, a General Recommendation should be completed instead of a Teacher Recommendation.
Step 5: Admission Committee
Based on the interview and application documents, the admission committee will determine if BJA can meet the educational needs of your child(ren) and will inform you of the decision.
Step 6: Reservation Fee
After a student is accepted, a $125 nonrefundable fee will be due to secure the reservation. This fee will be credited to the first month’s tuition.