It’s that time of year–elementary, middle, and high school students are presenting concerts on and off campus! The middle and high school handbell choirs started the concert season this week. Here are the details regarding upcoming concerts.
- The elementary band invites you to join them for a “test drive” of their music on Tuesday, Nov 23, at 8:15 a.m. in the Elementary Cafetorium. Their second performance of their pieces will be on Tuesday, Dec 7, at 6:30 p.m. in the Academy Auditorium.
- The middle school band will also perform on Tuesday, Dec 7, at 6:30 p.m. in the Academy Auditorium and will include pieces with a theme of “Ancient.”
- The high school band will have a separate performance on Tuesday, Dec 7, at 7:30 p.m. in the Academy Auditorium with an “Images” theme featuring pieces by Norman Della Joio, Holst, and BJU’s own Joshua Hummel.
- The elementary choirs are excited to share seasonal music with you on Tuesday, Nov 30, at 8:15 a.m., in the Elementary Cafetorium, and in the BJU Student Center on Friday, Dec 3, at 3:00 p.m. While most selections will be different, the combined choir numbers will be sung in both performances, including student favorite “The Dinner Bell Carol,” a setting of “Ukrainian Bell Carol” that tells of a family’s frantic preparations for Christmas guests. The elementary vocal ensemble will also perform at the Hyatt Regency on Friday, Dec 10, at 4 p.m.
- The middle school girls chorus and boys chorus will perform a collection of beloved Christmas carols, spirituals, and classic songs on Thursday, Dec 2, at 7 p.m. in the Academy Auditorium.
- The high school choir will perform in BJU’s War Memorial Chapel on Tuesday, Nov 30, at 7 p.m. Additional performance opportunities include the lighting ceremony on BJU’s front campus on Friday, Dec 3 as well as at Trade Street in downtown Greer on Saturday, Dec 4, at 5:15 p.m.
- The high school orchestra will join the elementary orchestra for a concert at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Dec 2, in the Elementary Cafetorium.
- The middle and high school orchestras will finish the concert season with a performance on Friday, Dec 10, at 7 p.m. in Rodeheaver Auditorium.