Parents of high school students now have the opportunity to access GoGuardian Parent, the web filter used on their student’s school-issued Chromebook. GoGuardian Parent includes additional control options for out-of-school hours.
- Download the app
- iPhone: Visit App Store, search for GoGuardian Parent, and tap the download button
- Android: Visit Google Play Store, search for GoGuardian Parent, and tap the download button
- Open the app and enter the parent’s email address that is currently used in Sycamore for the parent—the email address where the parent receives BJA’s weekly updates.
- Log into the app/check email: Check your email on your phone for a link to log into the app. Tap “Verify your email” to go directly to the app; or select “Login with verification code” and copy/paste the verification code from the email into the app.
What is GoGuardian Parent?
GoGuardian Parent allows parents to see the websites and documents their children are browsing. It also gives parents additional control over school-issued devices during out-of-school hours. This means a student’s parents, in addition to appropriate BJA administrative personnel, can access the student’s browsing behavior and work in tandem to encouraging God-honoring internet browsing habits at home and at school.
What is the intention of the app?
In line with the BJA mission statement, our goal is to assist parents to take a more active role in their children’s online learning by providing insight and controls over student browsing activity. We aim to generate a greater sense of transparency and accountability between parents and their children. We also believe this transparency and insight will increase the likelihood of productive and godly student browsing habits on a more consistent basis.
What is included in the app?
- Top 5 summary of student browsing (apps, extensions, documents, and websites visited)
- Teacher interventions
- 30-day view of websites, videos, documents, apps, and extensions
- Ability to block websites on school-issued devices during out-of-school hours
- Ability to pause internet access on school-issued devices during out-of-school hours, either on-demand or at a scheduled time
Contact us if you need help getting started or have questions about GoGuardian Parent.
Comments are closed.