Have you ever wondered what the secondary Academic Office does or who works in that office? Let me introduce you to my office. Dr. Esther White is the Director of Academic Advising, and Mrs. Lisa Zydowicz is the administrative assistant. I am the academic advisor for students in grades 7 through 12. I am a BJA graduate, and I’m thankful to have served here for almost 10 years. My desire is to serve you and your student through their secondary years to help prepare them for graduation and beyond.
In addition to events offered to our students and parents throughout the school year, we’ve tried to make quality information and resources quickly available on BJA’s website. Here’s a sampling:
- What is a typical four year plan (and what electives are available for) high school students?
- What resources are available for students ready to explore what career path the Lord might be leading them toward?
- How can middle and high school students prepare for college?
- How does dual credit work?
- What resources are available for parents of students needing to improve their study habits?
We want each student to reach his or her potential. If you or your secondary student would like to discuss study skills, academic performance, or college or vocational preparation, we are happy to meet with you one-on-one. We look forward to serving you and your student this year!