We encourage our high school students to take the ACT beginning in their junior year. We are excited this year to offer additional ACT prep resources, both of which are available to all of our high school students: an ACT Math test prep seminar and the PreACT.
ACT Math test prep seminar
- Designed to help students improve their ACT math scores
- Professors from BJU’s math department host this event.
- Students first take a practice math ACT to identify strengths and weaknesses and then divide into small group sessions to learn how to study for specific portions of the math ACT.
- Registration deadline: none.
- Cost: none
- October 5, 9:30–11:30 a.m., Academy Auditorium
- Questions? Contact the academic office.
- Allows students to practice all four ACT test subjects (English, math, reading, and science) in a testing environment similar to the actual ACT.
- Hosted by BJA and scored by ACT.
- Test score results provide students with a prediction of future ACT test scores and a personalized study guide for how to improve on the ACT.
- Registration deadline: October 28, register by contacting the academic office.
- Cost: $20 (nonrefundable after registration; will be added to the student’s school bill)
- November 9, 9 a.m.–12 noon, Academy Auditorium (Check-in may begin earlier, depending on the number of registrants.)
- Check our website for other suggestions on how to prepare for the ACT as well as for ACT registration information.
- ACT provides practice tests, which are available in the academic office.