Classes and extracurriculars have required adaptations this school year, and some of these have been limiting for parents, students, and teachers. Creativity is in full use to help overcome these obstacles so we can have a fun, safe school year. Be sure to follow the links to see additional pictures.
- Elementary outdoor chapel and singspiration
- Special 9/11 tribute from the freshman handbell choir
- Virtual Career Day – Allows elementary students to see a professional in the workplace.
- The Speech and Debate Team quickly adjusted to virtual competition at the opening meet hosted by Riverside High School. The students improved on their excellent performance from last year by winning 17 individual awards and second place in the team competition. (Since it was virtual, some even enjoyed competing with shoes kicked off!)
- The SCACS teacher convention was completely virtual this year, and the teachers enjoyed watching the sessions from their home or office. Teachers from BJA presented multiple workshops. One of the highlights was a group of 12 elementary teachers that did a combined session sharing their favorite ideas for classroom management, technology, organization, and communication.
- Special table dividers allow students to see and fellowship with each other during art class and lunch.
We’ve been very thankful for how sweet and accommodating our students have been in light of the many changes that have been thrust upon them. We also greatly appreciate our faculty and staff and their focused and flexible efforts. We continue to pray for daily wisdom as we move through the semester knowing that ultimately protection is from the Lord.
Comments are closed.